The inaugural HATF Wider Forum took place on October 2nd, 2019 with over 60 individuals from a host of organisations including Highways England, Slough Borough Council, Heathrow Airport Limited, National Express, Network Rail and British Airways in attendance.
A number of key issues were discussed and explored by attendees at the forum. Some of these points discussed include:
- Whether the definition of the no more traffic pledge means that large number of airport related trips going to places outside of the no more traffic boundary (such as the freight forwarding facility) would be excluded from the no more traffic pledge.
- Park and Ride opportunities, and whether this is a policy that could be further developed recognising that there are pros and cons to such an approach.
- The role of a comprehensive active travel network.
- Importance of ensuring the interactions of Heathrow Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) scheme with TfL’s scheme is fully understood. HAL’s ULEZ scheme needs to support the ambition of authorities outside London.
- Concern that with fleet improvements the impact of ULEZ on traffic congestion may be small.
HATF Wider Forum Invitation – Open PDF
HATF Wider Forum Presentation – Open PDF